Friday 12 April 2013

Butterfly edge card

I thought I'd show you this very feminine card before I get busy into the weekend :-) The butterflies are from a file I purchased from the Silhouette Store but I've used just part of it and turned it into a shaped card on my Cameo. When I was learning to do this my talented friend Adele kept me right. My card stock is a lovely pearlised lilac, one of my top 5 colours, I added sparkle to the butterflies with glitter which has a tone of lilac in it. The backing paper is from a stack of Riverbank Revels. I cut my the sentiment which is again from the Store and added some sparkle afterwards. I've kept the insert the same size as the main card to you can see through the butterflies.

8 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful butterfly border, Polly. A fabulous card with great cameo work! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Polly. I love the pretty colours and butterfly border.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW P, this is stunning!! Love that butterfly edging and the Happy Birthday cut!!! TFS my friend, have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Polly, love the design and scrummy sparkles.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so pretty P :)
    Love everything about it!!
    Huge hugs
    Adele

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning!! The colors are so beautiful and the butterflies look amazing!! What a gorgeous card!! Have a great weekend :)

    Hugs, Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore this fabulous card,the beautiful butterflies edge and the colors used^_^
    Have a sweet weekend my dear,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful shaped card. This technique is on my to do list.

    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today. I love to read each of your lovely comments, they brighten my day and give me encouragement. Hugs, Polly x