Sunday 1 July 2012

Oriental card

I'm having fun with the Ultimate Creative Sampler cart. there are just a few from Pagoda so I thought I'd make a card suitable for a male, I chose a narrow style to go with the oriental look. The background paper is an oriental one from my stash, I thought I'd never have a use for it as it's not really my style so never say never. The ribbon is one I kept which had been round a Christmas cake, I just couldn't part with it as it's so bright and pretty, I just love to recycle! I cut the character shadow at 2" and in gold to go with the ribbon. The pagodas are cut from a gloss red tree bark embossed card which adds a little drama to the building effect, the top layers I cut from glittered gold card as the real thing does have lots of gold which sparkles in the sun. I don't think the card needs anything else, less is more on this occasion don't you think?

4 comments:

  1. WOW P, this is absolutely fabulous. Love this layout and the colours are fantastic. TFS

    http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful and unusual card!Well done dear friend:)
    Hugs,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today. I love to read each of your lovely comments, they brighten my day and give me encouragement. Hugs, Polly x